We highly recommend referring to the professional guidelines set out in the Australian Pharmaceutical Formulary Handbook (currently APF25) to ensure you comply with all requirements applicable to your compounding activities. This is a valuable resource used by all compounding chemists in Australia and it is updated on a regular basis.
To help you choose the right base for your compounding needs, check out our Summary of Bases, which includes a description of every base, its benefits and its applications.
The following technical documents are available for download:
Download the Technical Information Sheet for Letco's Flavours. Please note that this is an exhaustive list of flavours from Letco. We carry most of these flavours, with a few exceptions. Check our online store for pricing and availability.
Download our Flavour Recommendations to match an API with the best flavours for your compounded preparation.
Standard Mixing blades
Click here to download a handy visual aid to help you choose the correct standard mixing blade for your unguator jars. This document also includes the measurements for each blade.
Our Scales Reference Chart is designed to help you choose the scale best suited for your needs.
Download our pH Meter Information Sheet to select the best pH meter for your compounding needs.
Product Quality Designations
- USP: Meets or exceeds the requirements of the U.S. Pharmacopeia
- NF: Meets or exceeds the requirements of the National Formulary
- FCC: Meets or exceeds the requirements as defined by the Food Chemicals Codex
- ACS: Meets or exceeds the specifications as listed in Reagent Chemicals, published by the American Chemical Society
- BP: Meets or exceeds the requirements of the British Pharmacopoeia
- EP: Meets or exceeds the requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia
- JP: meets or exceeds the requirements of the Japanese Pharmacopoeia
- Reagent: High purity chemicals suitable for use in many analytical and general laboratory applications
- Purified: Defines chemical of good quality where there are no official standards
- Food Grade: Assigned to chemicals which have the clearance for use in food and related products
If you have any questions about our products or any aspect of compounding, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly staff – we’re happy to help!
T: (07) 5597 4169